Sunday, May 15, 2005

100 Day Journey Begins to Raise Money for Habitat Ecuador


Give Back Cincinnati, a non-profit volunteer group that I am Advisory Board Chairman for, is taking a trip to Catamayo, Ecuador for 10 days in October with Habitat for Humanity Global Village. I will be going along on this trip and this blog will be used to track the progress from now through the end of the trip.

During this journey I will blog on issues related to our trip, Ecuador and Habitat for Humanity. But I am also embarking on a journey to raise funds for my trip and the Habitat for Humanity affiliate in Ecuador. Rather than just beg for donations, I've decided to make some sacrifices myself. There are 2984 miles between Cincinnati, USA and Catamayo, Ecuador. Over the next 100 days (ending August 23rd) I intend to take a journey to ride/run/walk 2,984 minutes (nearly 30 minutes a day). I hope to travel at least 1,000 miles (though some of that will definitely be on my stationary bike, so 'travel' has to be taken in context).

The trip costs (including supplies, donation to the affiliate, insurance, etc) $1800. But my goal is to make a substantial additional gift to the affialiate in Ecuador. So what I am looking for is a total pledge of $1.00 per minute with the hopes of raising $2984. You will be able to make payments via paypal or check, and all donations will go to Give Back Cincinnati (501(c)(3)) and are tax deductible. I will ask for payments at the end of June, July and August (as there are costs that are required to be paid in advance to Habitat).

So make your pledge today, by sending me an email at chairman@givebackcincinnati.org. A pledge of $0.01 should equate to $29.84 over the next 100 days. If you choose to just pledge a dollar amount do that as well. I will update this page with my daily minutes, and the total pledged to date!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home