Thursday, June 16, 2005

Day 33: A Real Bike with Wheels!

So the hotel I am staying at in St. Charles, Il has bikes you can borrow. And there is a great bike trail along the Fox River in town. So I hoped on after classes, and went for a ride... i was so enthralled with being on a real bike going past real things for the first time in like 2 weeks that I just kept going.

I rode through historic St. Charles (which by the way is a great little town), they had at least 5 pedestrian bridges crossing the river over 3 miles. And there were at least 15 riverside bars/restaurants. I can't call it a vacation destination, but it was definitely fun!

I enjoyed myself so much I am getting up early tomorrow to take another ride before class.

Click Here to Learn More and Pledge!
Total Pledged/minute: $0.39 + ($1 per pound lost + $0.01 per mile)
Today's Minutes: 85 Minutes
Total Minutes: 1008 Minutes
Today's Distance: 19.2 Miles
Total Distance: 268.4 Miles

1 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Charz said...

19 miles, not too shabby!

I think the fun ratio from real biking versus stationary biking is about 4 to 1. After an hour on the stationary bike, I am ready for a change of pace, but it's usually not until hour 4 on a real bike. It may be due to more to the fact my legs are screaming in pain and I am struggling to breathe.

St. Charles may not be a biking vacation destination, but Tahoe sure is. Get out here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home