Saturday, July 16, 2005

Day 63: Biowheels for New tires and a helmet, and Bluegrass at Findlay

What a beautiful day. I must say there is just no good way to ride from Newport to Clifton.. .no matter which way you go, you end up with a giant hill to climb to get up to clifton.

I made my way to Biowheels in Clifton, a great little bike shop. I decided it was time to loose the nobby offroad tires for some more slick tires for the mountain bike (though ultimately I'm going to need to get a road bike if I keep riding outside). I also decided a bike helmet was in order now that I am riding outside. And it's required for any Cincinnati Cycle Club rides (of which I am doing my first on Sunday).

After the bike shop I had lunch with Melanie and my brother-in-law, and then rode to Findaly Market for some bluegrass and to meet my friends KJ, Craig and Suzanne... a great start to the day.

Finally, we had the family renunion with Melanie's family and my first chance to see my niece Isabella. Good times.


Click Here to Learn More and Pledge!
Total Pledged/minute: $0.54 + ($1 per pound lost + $0.01 per mile)
Today's Minutes: 60 Minutes
Total Minutes: 1857 Minutes
Today's Distance: 17 Miles
Total Distance: 483.0 Miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home