Sunday, July 17, 2005

Day 64: Tour de Loveland

Sounds cheesy, but it's an actual annual event in Loveland with lots of races. In conjunction with this, the Cincinnati Cycle Club has a group ride (not an official race) in the morning.

I joined for my first group ride. I stuck with the lead group for the first 20 miles, before dying on a group of 5 climbs. It was about 4 miles until the peloton caught me and I rode with them for the final 6 miles of the race.

Everyone there was very friendly, and all were genuinely amazed that I was able to keep up on my mountain bike :) Yet another reason to get a road bike.

I had a blast in my first group ride, and I'll say, drafting is so amazing, you wouldn't think that it could help as much as it does, but those 4 lonely miles felt like they lasted for days.

Click Here to Learn More and Pledge!
Total Pledged/minute: $0.54 + ($1 per pound lost + $0.01 per mile)
Today's Minutes: 110 Minutes
Total Minutes: 1967 Minutes
Today's Distance: 30 Miles
Total Distance: 513.0 Miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home