Friday, July 29, 2005

Day 76: Wedding #3 and Airline Tickets to Ecuador

Finally bucked up and got the airline tickets to Ecuador. Head down to Miami and direct to Quito International Airport, Ecuador. I think that was one of those moments when you finally realize something is actually going to happen. I mean, I've known I was going to Ecuador for months now, I applied with Habitat, filled out my contact info... even faxed in my passport information. But the flight purchase was when it really hit... I'm going to Ecuador. But it's not apprehension, it's total excitement. Not only am I going to Ecuador, but I'm going to be able to help out people who live there, make a real impact on real lives, and learn about the culture of the country from the people who live there... how exciting!

Read more about my thoughts, this blog, and the biking challenge in an article by Maggie Downs in the Enquirer. Great story, though I think the comments about the trimmed hair and the button down was a slight dig ;) Pretty funny though, as catching me in 'business attire' is a rare occasion :)

Also this evening...we went to our 3rd wedding of the summer. Only 6 more to go, though we won't be able to attend the next two weddings.

Click Here to Learn More and Pledge!
Total Pledged/minute: $0.74 + ($1 per pound lost + $0.01 per mile)
Today's Minutes: 25 Minutes
Total Minutes: 2172 Minutes
Today's Distance: 7 Miles
Total Distance: 572.8 Miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home