Sunday, August 07, 2005

Day 85: What a Ride

The Morning Glory (although WAY TOO EARLY) was amazing. What a different place the city is at 5:45 in the morning. Completely quite, everything is still. And then the ride starts and before you know it the sun is coming up and creating an erie calm feeling. It doesn't take long before you start seeing people and cars out and about.

It was amazing to see a collection of 2,000 cyclists of all levels out that early to take a long bike ride. You had options of 10, 13, 25 or 28 miles. With the longest including a 3 mile trek up to the top of Devou in Covington... a grueling ride, but well worth the early morning view.

I once again recognize my need for a road bike.. .even treking along on my mountain bike I was able to do okay.. .completing the 28 miles in just under 1:45 minutes.. not super fast, but considering the very slow start with all the cyclists, not too bad (the first 13 miles took just under 60 minutes). I finished about 50th out of 1200 or so that did the entire race.. not too bad for the kid on the moutain bike :)

In addition to the race, I rode my bike to and from the event for another 17 minutes and 4 miles... total: 32 miles, and 2:02. I am not just 14 minutes off pace!

Click Here to Learn More and Pledge!
Total Pledged/minute: $0.74 + ($1 per pound lost + $0.01 per mile)
Today's Minutes: 122 Minutes
Total Minutes: 2536 Minutes
Today's Distance: 32 Miles
Total Distance: 673.6 Miles

1 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

home equity loans

 

Post a Comment

<< Home